First XF1 photos

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Photos thread
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,868Gear list
Like?
Wellington ...
In reply to Wellington100, Aug 8, 2013

... Good to see someone do some comparison images between the two settings.

I know which I prefer, but then I am biased

However, I still reiterate the point that no 'one size suits all' and it is best to experiment to obtain the settings which suit your style. For me, and for the XF1, it is :

Program (P) mode, large (L) size, 4:3, Fine, Raw+Jpeg, DR 200%, ISO 800 (Auto), Astia, Highlight Tone - Medium Soft, Shadow Tone - Medium Soft, Noise Reduction - Medium Low, minus 0.33 EV, Photometry - Average, AF Tracking.

The key points in the above are L size, DR 200% and AF Tracking. These alone make a huge difference to the image output in terms of image detail, highlight preservation, shadow preservation and focus speed. The others simply equate (mostly) to the desired colour output.

For my other Fuji's, the key elements of L size, DR 200% and AF Tracking are all still the 'must have' priorities but items such as FS setting, NR setting, sharpness, etc., etc., are all simply pertinent to the particular camera.

It is silly to assume that all EXR sensor/processor cameras are the same, as they are not. Whether it be my F200 EXR, HS30 EXR, HS50 EXR, X-E1 (EXR) or the XF1 (EXR), they all require slightly different permutations of the above to produce the best images.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
JMRNew
DS21New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow