Hmmm, tell me about your Casio compacts????

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 788Gear list
Like?
Hmmm, tell me about your Casio compacts????
11 months ago

Greetings Team,

I am a Pentaxian, DSLR owner, but looking for a good quality compact to compliment what i do, especially at work. I do tend to like a lot of low light work and do work at night, also may have to photograph the odd snake that I will have to catch at work, but also like something a little higher end and with a good feature set........

I just noticed the new release on DPR and read a bit more carefully than the usual trolls and detractors and couldn't help confirming what I previously red about the product and its unique high quality features and multiple exposure systems etc.

I want something more portable than the current bridge cam I have, put into my big work jacket or pants, good in low light, good IQ and a few extra fun things to play with along the way. I'm not so much into digital filter which can be done in PP.

I did think the nearly $700 Aussie dollar price tag was pretty hefty and Casio are not big sellers down under.

Is the new product much of an advance on previous models?? I like the compact plus 18 x zoom and low light performance.(that you still can't get from a mobile phone)

Wondered why the high price tag and do you think they are worth it??

Which model is best value for $$ etc

Your thoughts please???

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow