Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
AllBrands
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Re: "Refurbished" always makes me wonder?
In reply to pixelsmithy, 11 months ago

pixelsmithy wrote:

"Refurbished" always makes me wonder "what needed refurbishing"? To me it is a sign of a design or production flaw corrected, or a camera that was returned by an unhappy camper (for some - quite possibly valid - reason).

Or just a sign of a manufacturer trying to dump old new stock in a way that doesn't directly undercut their own retail distribution chain and thus anger retailers. Not at all the same as "Factory Demo" models with signs of use. No way, not for me. But buying from a large quantity of spotlessly like-new "factory refurbished" stocks with a full retail warranty? No worries unless you just like to worry. What's the risk? That you'd find a flaw and have to exchange it for another copy? Twice I've had that happen - with brand new retail items. No problems whatever with any of the "factory refurbished" items I've purchased.

Just saying...

AllBrands's gear list:AllBrands's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Olympus E-420 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow