Started Aug 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bravozulu
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
A closet full of negatives/slides.....
Aug 7, 2013

I'm enjoying my 2nd week of LR-5, and getting more comfortable with it. Oh, would it be nice to have my archive of negatives and slides organized under Lightroom. On the digital output side, I get printing at FedEx Office at a huge discount because I retired from that company. To there is an advantage to me.

The store where I bought my camera gear offers processing services. Bear in mind, I could reasonably tackle this myself if I bought a flatbed scanner. But my iMac is only 2.4Ghz, with a 500Gb internal drive and an external the same size.

The store charges these rates:

$15 --- 25 frames of 35mm @ 4Mb Jpeg resolution

$20 --- 25 frames of 35mm @ 8Mb Jpeg resolution

25 --- 25 frames of 35mm @ 18Mb Tiff resolution

My 2 1/4 frames would cost me about $4 each

i estimate I have about 80 sleeves of 35mm B&W. About 15 of those are color negative.

So, given that my computer resources are on the meager side, do I want to invest in a flatbed scanner, or pay to the work down for me and recorded on DVDs?

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow