Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon

Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimrpdx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon
In reply to klavrack, Aug 7, 2013

klavrack wrote:

Well, this has turned into a fun discussion, and if it hasn't left you more conflicted than when you began, I'm surprised. Basically, there are many wonderful options out there that will delight you. For a killer low-light indoor combo, you'd be hard-pressed to beat a K-30 or refurbed D7000 with the Sigma 18-35/1.8 (or 2.8-or-under budget alternative).

Beyond that is really a matter of what you presently (or hope to) do with your hobby. Great video and telephoto lens availability with Canon. Great flash systems and availability of borrowable-from-friends equipment with Nikon or Canon. Stabilized use of primes and legacy lenses with Pentax. The only option I've seen mentioned here with focus peaking is the K-30, which you really have to try with a good macro lens to appreciate the joy of. These cameras are all so good--just grab the one that expands your interests the most and go enjoy it.

I think he said it all, but I'm not willing to dive into 4 screens to find the fun parts

Many excellent cameras with different feel to each, so it's a personal and a technical choice. All are excellent and can be made to do pretty much the same things, so at some point go with what you 'like' or feels 'right'. And have fun whatever path you choose!

-- hide signature --

Jim in Oregon -- Pentax user, Alpha & m4:3 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-S1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow