Started Aug 2, 2013 | Photos thread
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,325Gear list
Like?
Re: A bakers dozen of new XF1 photos
In reply to prime, Aug 7, 2013

prime wrote:

Wellington100 wrote:

I intended to shoot with both Dave and Kim's settings so I attempted to set these to C1 and C2, I don't if these are the equivalent of P mode. I ended up confusing the heck out myself with all the settings because some settings changed universally whilst others did not.

The manual is not as clear as it should be. To freeze settings on C1, you do not set the dial to C1 than make the settings. You make the settings that you would make in the "other" mode, say [P]rogram, then, when you have them as you like, while still in that (P) mode, you enter the menu system, Shooting Menu, "page" 4, Custom Set, and select C1, then confirm.

Thanks for the heads up about how to set the C1 and C2, I just winged it and never used the manual to figure this out. I am going to properly set up Dave and Kims settings and have a go with both again as soon as I get a chance. I also got a tad confused over the RAW plus jpeg which i have never had on a camera before and I was not sure what was going on when I imported the files but I think its all straight in my old head now.

All in all the images are a big step up from my F300 I would say.

Whatever, they all are excellent. You've been launched in the XF1.

Thanks. Its a fun camera and critically it passes the pocket test. I could walk around with it all day every day like I have been doing with my F300. For me that is a huge benefit.

Almost certainly my next Fuji will be the F900 to replace the F300, but it can wait a while longer for the inevitable price crash. The F900 prices are holding up well for longer than any F camera has for quite a while.

Not the one at the lower right corner; he (or she) is fair game.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
JMRNew
DS21New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow