Before I sell my GR....

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
BobsYourUncle
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,543Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve
In reply to steveashe, Aug 7, 2013

steveashe wrote:

Could not have asked for better feedback. And educated opinions. I'm going to keep the GR and upgrade my 2nd camera; anyone interested in a 2 week old Ricoh CX6 :-)? I realize that I do need two GOOD cameras for this trip. And excellent idea about electrical tape covering the brand. Would love to swing a Fuji XM-1 with 16-50mm as 2nd camera (XE-1 not realistic within my budget no matter how much I try to justify); worst case is Panasonic LX7. Will take RAW photo's to allow for cropping as needed.

Thanks again, I hope this thread was/is also useful for others in similar situations.

Steve

This is exactly the light kit I am carrying these days.  In my inexpensive LowePro bag is an XM-1 w/16-55 and on the outside zippered area the Ricoh GR.  They compliment nicely and are both easy to use.  Just discovered the Flash on the XM-1 fills reliably in Manual mode so nearly all "usual" bases are covered.  I just let my wife carry the 55-200. 

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow