Started Aug 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,445Gear list
Like?
Nikon AW110 or Olympus TG-2
Aug 7, 2013

Trying to decide between theses two tough under water cameras for use when kayaking. Anyone actually use both? I looked at the reviews here of both and they seem rated about the same. I went to Bestbuy to try them out. BUT cant put SD card into them as they have a cable setp that powers them at the store blocking access to memory card.

Just looking at lcd screen it looks like Nikon has less noise and is slightly sharper. This also seems to be in the review pictures here. I like the way you get acess to setting on the Olympus much better though and it even has aperture priority setting were nikon is more auto everything. Plus Olympus has wider aperture lens a F2.0 at wide down to F4.9 at full zoom.

Nikon is cheaper by about 60 bucks too depending on were you look.

Any opinions?

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Nikon Coolpix AW110
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow