Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bjmike
Contributing MemberPosts: 573Gear list
Like?
After a month w/ the XE1
8 months ago

After a month w/ my XE1, I thought it might be useful to write out some of my impressions.  This isn't a review, just impressions of an experienced user (I've been taking photos since I was 8 years old; I'm 65 now).  Also, this won't be very organized and a bit scattered.  I'll post photos later (I 've been off using the camera through NY and northern New England, with a few shots from the Boston area).  Also, this'll be a bit piecemeal, meaning I'll add comments & photos later as things occur to me, either in this thread or another).

So:

1. My biggest gripe is that the diopter adjustment wheel is way to easy to move around.  Almost every time I raise up the camera for a shot, the diopter adjustment has been moved out of its setting.  Thinking of a work-around solution.

2.  I've been using the 18-55mm a lot, along with the 55-20mm (I've also got the 18mm, the 35mm, and the 60mm).  It's a very sharp lens. I wish it were faster, but can't really complain about it. The whole system is so much easier to use in manual, or in aperture or shutter priority.  Like it's really meant to be used that way.

3. For sports, the 55-200 seems to work out, altho its not the best tool. Static action is relatively easy. Again, a very sharp lens!

bjmike's gear list:bjmike's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X-E1
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow