Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
wictred
Contributing MemberPosts: 902Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report
In reply to nevercat, 11 months ago

nevercat wrote:

This lens is far from perfect, but many of its negatves are solved in camera, so when shooting JPG you will likely never see them. M43 have incamera lens correction too, so many of their kit lenses without correction are not much better as this lens.

You can also make the corrections in PP and the results are OK (certainly better than in-camera corrections).

The corners are still not really good at 16mm, and that's the interesting FL for me (most kit lenses only cover 18mm instead).

I got the 16-50 with the NEX-6 and will keep my 5N as a backup body, so I'll probably leave the 16-50 on the 5N and use it as a compact APS-C zoom kit - really a great combo (touchscreen, high ISO, ...)  but the 16-50 is certainly not my lens of choice if IQ is important ... got the SEL35F18 and Sigma 19mm for that, and the Sigma 60mm will be next.

wictred's gear list:wictred's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow