10 years of pictures onto DVD gallery - suggestions?

Started Aug 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photorer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,342Gear list
Like?
10 years of pictures onto DVD gallery - suggestions?
Aug 7, 2013

I have been tasked with creating a DVD of my daughter's school photos over the past 10 years. I will be getting pictures from the parents (hopefully) in year folders. The idea is to give each of the kids in the class a DVD with pictures from the last 10 years, as a keepsake.

I was thinking of creating a web interface for the front, with links to galleries on the disk. I could use Lightroom to create a web album for each year, which would then get linked to, but this might prove a bit of a challenge, especially because we are probably looking at around 4-5000 images! I don't have too much time available to put this together....

There is also the option of using Picasa to create a "DVD" slideshow, but I don't know how well that will work when we have 10 years x 12 months per year + special events folders!

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can put this together to look good, but not take months to prepare? If there is a software package that will do it, I am happy to buy it!

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Still not enough time to take pictures....... Is there ever?
http://www.afripixel.com/

Photorer's gear list:Photorer's gear list
Sony SLT-A77
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow