Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ray_man
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120Gear list
Like?
Re: How many cameras and lenses since the D300
In reply to Nikonicon, Aug 7, 2013

CAMERAS:

Plenty of P&S's

Samsung NV11- Just too cool looking not to buy but crappy performance and image results.

Nikon S80- bought on a whim while going through costco.  Gave it to my mom.

Nikon S8000- needed a superzoom P&S.  Boy what craptastic performance!!

Canon Powershot SX230 HS- hoping for better performance than mother S8000.  Sorely disappointed.

Sony NEX-5N- solved the problem with lousy image quality from all the other P&S's but then again its not a P&S.  I guess at the time you couldn't get something for nothin.

LENSES:

Tokina 12-24 f4 - Awesome for panoramas or car shots or dog shots or close up outdoor baby/toddler/kid shots.

Tamron 28-70mm f2.8 - Great for parties but my used copy (KEH Photo) was quite soft for my taste.

Tamron 28-105mm f/2.8 - Awesome all around lens!  So much so that I bought a used 2nd copy when I accidentally dropped and destroyed my first one!

Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 - The old school push/pull vesrion.  Great for reaching out and touching or isolating your subject from the rest of the crowd.

Sigma 150mm f2.8 Macro - My go to choice for macro bug/flower images. I love this lens.... A LOT!

Sony 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens for the NEX-5N

Sony 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 superzoom made for the NEX series (rented a copy).  It greats he perfect vacation lens for a trip to Austrailia last year when I didn't have room for all my Nikkor gear and that silly Canon superzoom P&S simply wasn't  good enough to take with me.

Waiting anxiously and hoping that Nikon releases a D7K in a D300 body... SOON!!

-- hide signature --

Primary: Nikon D300
Backup: Nikon D70
Point N Shoot: Sony NEX-5N w/ 18-55mm kit lens.

Ray_man's gear list:Ray_man's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow