Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon

Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
pc35photolab
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon
In reply to McGooble, Aug 7, 2013

I use a Tamron 17-55mm f2.8 with my K-30 camera.  For the cost this combination is hard to beat.  The lens gives me high quality images, and when in combination with the K-30 low light performance is excellent.

I am reading a lot of pluses and minuses for Pentax here.  We are not going to find the perfect system whether it is Nikon, Canon, or Pentax.  I know many people are waiting for a full-frame camera from Pentax.  I question the need for it for most people.  The K-30 when used with a fairly high-end lens will give you very good 20x30" and even 30x40" prints.  And I am looking at image definition, sharpness, dynamic range, and color quality.  What else are people looking for?  I think for any significant improvement medium format like the Pentax 645 would be the sensible upgrade.  Just my opinion, I do not think any full-frame camera can offer any major improvement over the K-30.  Maybe someone here can offer a one-on-one comparison that will show me any real world difference that is important.  Yes, one can look at dpreview reviews here and see differences in resolution and color, but in the real world the difference is not great.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow