Windows 8 Home cannot map to NAS Folder

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 959
Like?
Re: The saga continues...../Update
In reply to Jim Cockfield, 8 months ago

Jim Cockfield wrote:

It all boils down to how much your time is worth to you.

On the other side of the coin, perhaps your experience will benefit other Win 8 users if Microsoft finds a solution and updates Windows 8 with it.

Hi Jim,

At this point I'm both curious and stubborn. I want to find out what's wrong and how to fix it. If MS can't figure it out I may try Synology. As I said earlier going back to Win 7 may cause me to lose my new Office software. My wife uses the machines a lot so I don't think switching OS's and other software would be practical because of the learning curve.

I've also noticed that the problem involves more than the Linkstation. I cannot see any shared files on the windows 7 machines from the Windows 8 machine. I get Access Denied. I suspect solving one problem will fix the other. I showed both problems to the Windows tech but she was not able to solve either one. I ran into the file sharing problem when I was loading the software on the Win 8 machine but I worked around it with thumb drives and DVD's but then forgot about it til I started with the NAS.

Bob Schoner

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow