Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
pc35photolab
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon
In reply to McGooble, 8 months ago

I purchased a K-30 several months ago and really enjoy using it.  I used a Canon A-1 during the film camera era and liked that camera too (and Canon lenses), so I don't have anything against Canon.  But when digital cameras came on the scene I chose Pentax.  The K-30, in my opinion, is a bargain compared to other DSLR bodies.  The savings also let's me spend a little more on quality lenses.  My interests are primarily wildlife and landscape.  I don't care much about video.  For me the quality of the lens is at least as important as the quality of the camera body.  Stick an average lens on any camera body and you will probably be unhappy with image quality if that is important to you.  So, my next purchase will be a $1300 Pentax lens, slightly less than the cost of the K-30 plus the two lenses I have now.

What makes the K-30 fun for me are all the features and abilities it offers.  I've never owned a camera with these capabilities.  Some features I am still learning to use.  A few I haven't gotten to yet.  Probably by the time I have mastered this camera there will be new and better DSLRs on the market but I won't care.  As long as the camera and lenses meet my wants and needs that is fine.

I think one can find systems from Nikon, Canon, or Pentax that will meet your requirements.  Nikon may cost a little more.  Nikon and Canon offer more lens selections than Pentax.  There are a few Sigma and Tamron lenses that are not available in Pentax mount.  Focus on your wants and needs, do the research, and pick.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow