Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EDWARD ARTISTE
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
EOS M image quality at 100%
8 months ago

Just wanted to take poll on what you guys think about M image quality.

Ive been shooting with the 22mm for the last few weeks. Aside for the occasional oof shots (due to no IS), i am noticing two things

1. General softness. Part of this is the lens, okay. But there is an interesting lack of crispness to them. Ive been shooting both human and landscape, generally wide open or 5.6, which is below the DLA effects start kicking in.
  2. Second...whoah, this is a noisy sensor after iso 400. wow. tgranted, highiso shots actually still look good, but the noise pattern is harsher than a t2i.

However, I looked through to the image samples at dpreview. The images in the tool present the same issues. at 100% are NOT tack sharp by any means. Theres a sort of a mud/smooth/halo thing going on. I reset the camera last night, used only the standard profile, and its generally the same thing going on. For my portrait work, its obviously very important.

In terms of this discussion, please refrain from chiming in with opinions on pixel peeping, etc. This is about the image quality in general, and thats all. We all want the best images from our cameras, so if you dotn care, that's all fine and dandy for you.

Oh, and no, i have not used the M wiht the adapter+regular Ef lenses.

cheers

-- hide signature --

'Only the dead have seen the end of war'

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow