Before I sell my GR....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,497Gear list
Like?
Re: Keep your GR!
In reply to steveashe, 11 months ago

I would not want to go on such a trip with just one camera! It is all too possible for something to happen to a camera, so on a significant trip, or at a significant event, I prefer two cameras. The nicely compact GR should not be that much of a burden, and the 28mm-equivalent field of view is perfect for so many shots. Take a peek in the Nikon Coolpix section for Ray Sachs' thread on using the Nikon A in Italy. Your GR is an equivalent camera; a quite good one, and I say this as one who chose the Nikon A. (My wife claimed it, so I am saving for another high-quality compact; whether it will be another Nikon A, or something else, remains to be seen.)

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow