Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
glacierpete
Senior MemberPosts: 1,917
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to manaskarekar, Aug 6, 2013

manaskarekar wrote:

I'm really really tempted to purchase the DP2M for the past few weeks and have been putting it off because of the price and how long it's been out.

Please forgive me if it's obvious and mentioned somewhere but from some decent googling and looking at past Sigma Foveon related release dates I'm unable to make a decision.

Simple question, should I buy a DP2M today? I do not NEED one, and I do not mind waiting for 3-4 months, but I'd rather be out there shooting. Are we just around the corner of a new DP successor?

Thanks a lot.

Sigma Germany has a current cashback promo, when you already own a DPxM, SD1 or SD1M, you get a € 240 discount on another DPxM. It brings the price of a brandnew DP2M or DP3M from about €750 down to €500. Runs till 09. August 2013.

https://www.sigma-foto.de/cashback.html

Question, is it just for increasing DPxM sales or making space for new models

BTW the battery was never a problem for me. Spares a cheap and small. But I really miss an EVF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow