Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon

Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tan68
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,921Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching to Pentax from Canon
In reply to McGooble, Aug 6, 2013

For your Canon and incandescent light, you could make you a custom white balance. I don't know if your camera lets you store one..? But, take a picture of something neutral in your lights and use your PP software to set WB. Record the result and just plop that on when ever you take pictures lit similarly.

Better to be satisfied with what the camera does, but might help some...

A 'gray card' is good but you could try paper. Nothing glossy and don't overexpose it / clip highlights. Try to not have any other color reflections on it. For instance someone sitting next to a lamp, holding your paper, wearing a red t-shirt, reflecting red light on the paper. etc.

I don't know about the K30, but some Pentax cameras have two incandescent settings.  The K5 does.  One is intended to correct well.  One is intended to leave a little warm lamp glow.  The warm incandescent setting can be good for sunsets...  I think I am remembering this correctly.  If this is not some thing I have made up in my head, try your (maybe undesired) warm incandescent setting for a sunset with your Canon...

I am sure I will be corrected if I have misremembered this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
70DNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow