ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hehateme
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Final check before purchasing Sony RX100
8 months ago

Hi:

I currently own Oly OMD and following lenses 14-42, 40-150, Panny 25mm.

In future I will buy Oly 45mm lens.

I am looking for a high quality but smaller backup camera as I will take both of them in my trip.

Sony RX100 has been at the top my list due to small size and large sensor. I don't care about the recently released Sony RX100 M2 model.

The other camera I considered was Oly EPL5. Sony is a bit smaller and more pocketable.

I have 2 young kids and I do take a lot of pictures. Smaller camera size will allow me to have it with me everywhere.

In trips I will typically use Oly OMD and give the backup camera to my wife.

I am familiar with Oly OMD so EPL5 will have no learning curve. Will Sony be harder to get used to. Does anyone own both of these and recommend one over the other.

Cost is not a consideration. Size, ease of use and picture quality are more important.

I have come close to buying Sony Rx100 a few times but something just keeps nagging me and prevents me from buying it.

Leaving for vacation in about 3 weeks so I want to purchase soon to get familiar with the new camera.

Thanks

Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow