Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
manaskarekar
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to victorgv, 11 months ago

victorgv wrote:

manaskarekar wrote:

Kwick1 wrote:

I sure hope so, I just bought one!

-- hide signature --

As did I.

SigmaChrome wrote:

Yes, now is a good time to buy. If you really want a DP2M, now is the very best time to buy one. Before they were released or announced would have be a bad time to buy. When they are no longer being produced would also be a bad time (you know... parts, warranty, etc.).

Seriously though... Sigma's camera release cycle is not fast. If you really like the output of the DP2M, then buy one. IMO it's highly unlikely that Sigma will produce a replacement camera for at least another 12 months. I bought mine last December and I'm sure I haven't begun to get the most out of it. And the DP3M... wow!

-- hide signature --

Agreed. But you know, Murphy's law and all that. Can't wait for mine to come in.

In US if you bought camera or lens after july 1 of this year you get 4 year warranty after registration.

And i am afraid you will have to redo your gallery with your new camera they beg for Merrill's and big print

Well what do you know victorgv, you were right. Just a couple of days with this camera and I can't stop clicking everything around me

I made this in honor of my initial impressions with the camera. (I'll remove it if it's not okay to post that here).

manaskarekar's gear list:manaskarekar's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow