Before I sell my GR....

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
steveashe
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't sell the GR......
In reply to Bobtheamateur, Aug 6, 2013

Thanks guys. I'm having fun reading the replies. A little clarification on my part; I'm leaving in 6 weeks, and it's a 2 week trip (still a trip of a lifetime for me). I couldn't afford it 5 years ago when I was married, probably won't be able to afford it in 7 or 8 years when I try to retire, so what the heck - now seems like a great time! Both kids in college, $80k a year. Anyone relate:-)? I'll bet so.

The particular tour I'm doing requires 2 - 8 miles of walking a day. Tour notes suggest only take a carry on bag and a backpack sort of thing on this trip. Lots of schlepping up stairs and between city center kinda family run hotels. I'm trying to keep the camera equipment a light as possible yet still account for my newly found enjoyment of photography and my late 50's want for the "good stuff". The more I play with the GR, and the more I understand the sensibility of a snapshot sort of camera the more I think it's the right cam for me on this trip. Between the GR and the little CX6 10x travel zoom I think I'll be good. It's also destiny; last night while reading up on the GR on the Ricoh site, I noticed that it featured a pic of a hotel that I stay at in Times Square for business, almost every week for years. Weird.

If you'd like, please keep the comments coming. More diversity than I expected. Think I should probably concentrate on composition and seeing the world through a 28mm lens for now.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/gr_special/#18

Gracias,

Steve

steveashe's gear list:steveashe's gear list
Leica X Vario Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow