Before I sell my GR....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Bobtheamateur
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,446Gear list
Like?
Don't sell the GR......
In reply to chris24net, 11 months ago

chris24net wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't take the GR as my main camera. I love mine, but for a 6 week trip of a lifetime, the 28mm focal length would be too limiting. And a RX100 wouldn't be high enough IQ for me. I use the Fuji X-E1 for my travel work. The 18-55 is a great all around lens. And if that is too big or expensive, the new X-M1 is the same image quality in a smaller package if you can live without a EVF. And the new 16-50 is supposedly pretty darn good. A stop slower than the 18-55, but smaller, lighter and cheaper. You can get the X-M1/16-50 package for $800.

-- hide signature --

www.chris-sorensen.com

Don't sell the GR.  It is a great cam and can be taken along as a second cam.  My mirrorless system consists of all the Fuji X -cams as well as a Ricoh GR.  Fuji has done a good job crafting this system and the trip of a lifetime, if you go with small cams, requires you take photo equipment that will serve the best interests.

If you don't mind dragging a little gear around.... any "X" cam with 3 lenses will cover most things you encounter.  The 14mm, 18-55 Zoom, and the 55-200 Zoom are a great triad though the 55-200 is large and a bit heavy but the IQ and image stabilization is great.  The GR and the Fuji will give you great IQ and the Fuji has great high ISO.  These kind of trips require a minimum of 2 cams.....you drop one, one stops working....you lose one, etc..... you have a backup.

Or you could just bring a Nikon D600 and a 24-120 and that's it! Oh, and a sensor cleaning kit-:)

Have a great trip.

Bob

Bobtheamateur's gear list:Bobtheamateur's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow