HX50: What kind of photo quality

Started Aug 5, 2013 | Questions thread
MarioV
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,904Gear list
Like?
Re: HX50: What kind of photo quality
In reply to Krocket, Aug 5, 2013

Krocket wrote:

I recently bought a Sony HX50. Like the camera, amazing zoom, good quality build, good features, fine stabilization. My question is: my shots look very good, but what is the general thought about the HX50 as far as quality of photo, is this too small of a sensor to produce quality shots? I need to figure out if it is a keeper- Many thanks, Krocket

If you think the shots look good but are concerned about what others think, it depends what kind of audience you are trying to impress.

Joe Public is unlikely to tell the difference - even less so if displayed on something like an ipad.

Forum members with the critical eye of Sherlock Holmes will think the photos look "ok", but it wont impress them to any large degree.

Then it depends on your skill level in shooting and in pp.

Do you really need that much zoom?  Do you really need a pocket camera?

Do you really need top image quality?

You cant have it all unfortunately.  You need to compromise.  For me, the HX50V is a good compromise.

If you want better IQ and less zoom, look at the Nikon P7700.  If it needs to be pocketable, look at the Panasonic LF1.

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D5200 Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow