GX7 POLL - U.S. possible buyers and color choices

Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
David Kieltyka
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,336Gear list
Like?
Re: You missed one
In reply to brentbrent, 11 months ago

brentbrent wrote:

Hey, you could get run over by a bus tomorrow! ;-), so it IS still "probably." I assume you voted for option #1.

I've got a GX7 on order, so even if I do get run over by a bus the camera will be delivered.    I didn't cast a vote actually but will do so for #1.

So far, with 48 responses, only 17 say they prefer silver/black. Looks like Panasonic goofed if it's only sending one version to the U.S.!

I'd guess DPR provides a skewed sample. IME "serious" photographers, or at least those wanting to look serious, go for black. (Note: most of my cameras are all black.) The fact that we're only getting the silver/black version probably has to do with the small US market for mirrorless cameras.

I'm starting to think hard about a black one with new 20mm lens from Canada, like someone else mentioned above. I could compare that lens with my original version 20mm, sell whichever I like less, and probably come out with the same or lower price of a silver/black U.S. version. Need to check on that warranty question, though.

Hey, go for it!

-Dave-

David Kieltyka's gear list:David Kieltyka's gear list
Leica M8.2 Pentax 645D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow