Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
manaskarekar
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to Gesture, Aug 5, 2013

Thanks to the AWESOMENESS that is amazon, I received it Friday. Got a chance to take some simple pictures, and I'm absolutely blown away! It's a very well designed camera. It's barely pocketable in shorts, not in jeans.

Calling the battery life a non-issue is a stretch. It is a non issue if you are going to carry a camera bag everywhere you go. This weekend, I had to constantly carry an extra battery in my pocket and charge the batteries at every possible opportunity. It is without a doubt, a major issue.

There are workarounds, but none as convenient as decent battery life.

That said, I am glad I did not wait and bought this camera right away. The keeper rate seems to be really high, and I can most definitely feel the 'special foveon' look.

Soon, I'm going to be doing some comparisons to my existing gear and make some hard choices.

manaskarekar's gear list:manaskarekar's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-M1 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow