What is the best software cure for CA

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 19,064Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the best software cure for CA
In reply to Dr_Jon, Aug 5, 2013

Dr_Jon wrote:

Not disagreeing, but I also find I need to mess with LR's sliders with some of the CA, for example I had a dreadful time with the pillars in this pano: http://www.viewat.org/?i=en&id_aut=7366&id_pn=23087&sec=pn and did it again with LR to get rid of the CA, but only after some slider tweaking (and a very long conversation with a helpful DXO support person to make sure I hadn't missed anything).

Yes, it can certainly take some time to get it right with LR too. Not at all saying LR is perfect, just that it may be the best RAW converter for dealing with CA that we've got at the moment.

Nice pano by the way. Have yet to try my hands at something like that. I am using Hugin routinely but so far only for (partial) defishing of images from the Samyang 7.5/3.5 FE (and indirectly the Enfuse part via LR/Enfuse) but not for panos.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow