Before I sell my GR....

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
Re: Before I sell my GR....
In reply to steveashe, Aug 5, 2013

yes for me the RX100 would not be up to par. the lens is soft. you only get about 6 real megapixels out of it. the bokeh looks tragic. you can barely get bokeh out of it anyway too.. The GR packs a serious lens that produces photos that would sit well next to the finest stuff out there. The GR sensor also produces much more natural color and alot more dynamic ranges. the photos fromt the ricoh take processing beautifully and look great even at iso 6400. the rx100 zoom is sort of a false advantage. the gr lens is pretty free of distortion. and neither camera are actually very useful for photographing things you cant get close to if you like. you should be able to frame things just by getting closer. there are shots that you need a standard or telephotolens for like headshots but again neither of these are the camera for doing that kind of photography.

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow