Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
illy
Forum ProPosts: 12,160Gear list
Like?
Re: If I'm wrong, I'll agree with you
In reply to veroman, Aug 5, 2013

veroman wrote:

illy wrote:

the colour is fine in both of them that is my point, so looking for things like resolution and lens performance should help be a deciding factor in making a decision, the fact that not everyone is saying the same shot is the E-1 is proof alone that the E-1 magical colour myth is just that, a myth.....don't get me wrong the E-1 had great colour rendition, but it appears not that unique since it's not a 100% hit rate in the guesses.......or could something else be the cause of this

Color is the last thing anyone should be evaluating in an online forum or anywhere online. Monitors and settings vary wildly. Color-wise, what I see on my MacBook Air is different than what I see on my Apple 30" Cinema Display, even though both are calibrated to the best of my ability. Viewing online is ok for establishing a pleasing color, but I don't think it's the place for judging a camera's true color capability.

And I wish you'd stop referring to the E-1's color reputation as a "magical color myth." As with any camera, it is what it is, that's all. Some like it. Some love it. Some can't see it at all. But it's no more "mythical" than the color from another Olympus, Canon, Nikon or Fuji Super CCD Pro.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

yet you're the one doing endless threads online about this exact subject, i refer to it as mythical because as many of these threads have proved not every gets close to being right

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow