What cheap and razor sharp MF lens to buy for NEX? Name Top 3 lenses please.

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
George Costanza
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
What cheap and razor sharp MF lens to buy for NEX? Name Top 3 lenses please.
Aug 4, 2013

Cheap and razor sharp with best manual focus feel? Something that would be joy to use and will give very good IQ.

Old or new, any FL (FL around kit zoom or so is preferable since I rarely use longer than 85mm or wider than 18mm) primes or zooms, preferably faster than my kit zoom (sel18-55mm) - just let it be cheap and razor sharp and with very good manual focus feel (and please name an associated adapter (cheap but trusted). Please avoid very rare lenses - since most probably I won't find them and they may not be cheap.

Thank you.

P.S. I bought used NEX-5N for $377 with 18-55mm kit lens (returned my NEX-3N) and ordered flash hvl-f20s for low-light. Now I want to explore MF world, but my funds are really limited. I'm looking for lens for street photography, family and friends portrait, some indoor low-light portraits, pubs, museums, city architecture and some landscapes. BTW, I love 18-55mm kit zoom - it's very sharp and has a good build quality (or at least feels so) and MF ring is good (I know it's still fly-by-wire, but it feels heavy enough, not bad), just a little slow sometimes indoors.

P.P.S When I wrote "cheap" - I meant something costing not more than let's say SEL50f1.8, because otherwise I can just buy this mentioned lens, however, I wanted to have same IQ but with less money -> thus going MF (especially when it's so easy to use with focus peaking), because I don't necessarily need AF and would prefer to save some money, while keeping same good IQ.

Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow