Nikkor 80-200 2.8 ED AF-D

Started Aug 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
(unknown member) OP Senior Member • Posts: 4,624
Re: Nikkor 80-200 2.8 ED AF-D

PRW_Photo wrote:

Just curious, push-pull or 2-ring?

Great shots, I love mine, and it does make you more picky about your lenses.

Hi, this is the 2 ring. Thanks.

I have seen so many wonderful, wonderful images form both 2 ring and push pull that inspired me to get this and am not disappointed.

Truth be told, even the few short days I have had this, I am now seriously wondering about what 'wide-normal' zoom I shall get, I was planning to get one for events and general shooting.

Since I got this, I am now thinking more seriously about spending the extra dollars for something 'tops'. The Tamron 17-50 2.8 was top of my list, many great images from that around the web photo sites, but now wondering if the extra on either the Nikkor 17-55 2.8 (which can be had used for around 850 ) or the new Sigma 18-35 1.8 (selling for 800) will be worth it.

I am eager to see the coming photos from users of the 18-35 on pbase and flickr, to see what the images look like. Even if they are post processed a bit, to me, that is the most 'feel' on can get for a lens, images from multiple users.

Cheers

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow