Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ray Maines
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,305Gear list
Like?
A different answer
In reply to dan801, Aug 4, 2013

dan801 wrote:

... what do you think I should do? Stick with nex or go to say a panasonic 4/3 camera?

I totally understand that we all want to make the best decision possible, but I'll let you in on a secret. Most of the camera buyers in the world use the wrong criteria to make their buying decisions.

Truth be told, ALL new cameras and lenses are more than good enough to produce fantastic pictures. I suggest you use the DPReview feature guide to filter your options down to three or four cameras and go to a store and hold those cameras in your hand. The camera that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy is the right camera for you. Ties are decided by price. Laboring over reviews and lab reports is the wrong way to pick a camera and/or lens.

Every brand and every camera has it's pro's and cons, and maybe in a year or two you'll want to buy a new one, but know ahead of time that new equipment isn't going to produce drastically better or even different results. A new or different camera might work better for you in the type of photography you become interested in, it might be bigger, smaller, lighter, more rugged, easier to use or just better looking than your current camera but the overall image quality really isn't going to change much from one system or set up to another.

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow