Nikkor 80-200 2.8 ED AF-D

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Nikkor 80-200 2.8 ED AF-D A few with processing
In reply to bravozulu, 11 months ago

bravozulu wrote:

Were those images taken in the Caribbean? We visited the racetrack in Port of Spain, Trinidad and it looked just like your setting.

Hi Bravo,

Yes, although this is the track in Barbados, the Barbados Turf Club, at the Garrison Savannah.

Both the Trinidad and Barbados Turf Clubs are quite old, going well before I was born. I have grown up with stories of renowned horses in the Caribbean, much rivalry between Barbados and Trinidad.

The Trinidad racing was traditionally at Queens Park track in Port of Spain and also at Arima. Then somewhere around the 80's and 90's they consolidated racing there to one track.

The setting would seem quite similar, although Trinidad is much more tropical rainforest by climate than we are, we are more tropical island, I think that explains the difference? Trinidad obviously being much closer to the South American mainland. Also they have more tropical types wildlife, more snakes (like the dreaded and deadly Coral snake). We mostly have Green Monkeys, mongoose, small grass snakes, centipedes, millipedes, frogs, snalis and the usual plethora of rats and mice. Not too much else natural ground species (obviously some birds).

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow