The new Nexus 7

Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmartin92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,515Gear list
Like?
Re: Without Wifi or 3G
In reply to seeblue, Aug 3, 2013

seeblue wrote:

Hmm, reading books and PDF's, composing and editing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, planning/scheduling, editing images, uploading/downloading data from "cards/drives", sketching/drawing, listening to music/podcasts, off-line reading (news and information), watching video, taking pictures, playing games and running a suite of standalone applications of your choice; there's a lot to do without any connectivity. It's just like it's always been with a PC/Mac with no network.

Well ... I guess that I was waiting for somebody to say that. And I guess that I can at least acknowledge that it is a valid point of view.

But it's a point of view that I don't agree with.

Reading books and PDFs, that I agree with.

Listening to music/podcasts, that I agree with.

Watching video ... that one I'll just dodge. No comment.

And, "composing and editing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, planning/scheduling, editing images, uploading/downloading data from "cards/drives", sketching/drawing" ... that I disagree with.

Some more than others ... editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentation ... for me, tablets aren't really good for that. Tablets are really awful for that. Only if there was no other choice.

But I can acknowledge that others may look at the issue differently.

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow