Started Aug 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RayNovak
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Why I won't buy the A99
Aug 3, 2013

I write this message with the knowledge that the Sony people read all such messages.

The A99 seems to be an excellent camera. The A77 is also an excellent camera. The quality, especially if one shoots in RAW is about the same. The price difference is however painfully different, $2,800 for the A99 versus $900 for the A77.

For A77 owner the benefits is the price difference to the A99, the 1.5 focal length multiplier, and the pop up flash. As for the A99 the full frame sensor (better low light photos) and, to a small degree, the dual card slots are benefits.

Returning to the price, those of us who purchased the A77 at $1,400 to see its price drop to $900 (33%) have lost this $500 is resale value. The A99 has not dropped in price.

Therefore, Sony, if you want us A77’s to buy your A99 you best drop the price of the A99 to $2,100 and give us a flash unit. Otherwise, you can keep the A99.

Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
CoolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow