Sling strap you're really happy with?

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Jblanke
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: Sling strap you're really happy with?
In reply to bob5050, 11 months ago

bob5050 wrote:

Anyone using one of those cross-shoulder sling straps--the ones that attach to the tripod socket?

Brand names Joby, BlackRapid, Op/Tech, variety of others ...

They seem to go for anywhere from $10 to $80+ dollars, just wondering what to stay away from with the cheap ones, or what makes the good ones worth the money (other than feeling secure about what's holding my camera up). On that--any issue with the camera dangling by the bottom plate rather than the 'real' strap lugs?

Thanks,

bob

Bob,  having become familiar with this issue over the last year and buying on a trial and error basis in search of the most secure secure, comfortable  and functional strap, I finally was introduced to the BosStrap.  I own the system that you are inquiring about.

But, I also own the BosStrap......and highly recommend that you consider the BosStap over any product that advocates suspending your valuable great from the tripod socket on the bottom of the camera.  That method of attaching a camera to a strap has some inherent risks, namely potential failure of the tripod socket and stressing of interior camera seals.  BosStrap attaches to the camera strap lugs, as the camera manufacturers intended.  Additionally, they are more reasonably priced than most of their counterparts.

Check out BosStrap at www.BosStrap.com.

Worth the look.  Good luck.

Jblanke's gear list:Jblanke's gear list
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow