The yanks are over here!Olympus XZ-1

Started 11 months ago | Photos thread
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 761Gear list
Like?
Re: The yanks are over here!Olympus XZ-1
In reply to Aaron Sur, 11 months ago

Man! A big piece of steel ! But how on earth, they let it getting rusty looks on it? I remeber in Turkihs navy the oldest possible naval ship looks ready to rumble, and not a glimpse of rust ever. Sailors (the unlucky ones on the duty for sure ) spending some rust clean issues off the harbour. Image is imporatnd. Its no serious war (THANK GOD.) anymore.

Nice footage of harbour there. Some of these modern day mother container ships are as long as the biggest naval machines. Surprising.

Great fotos. 2,3,7 & 9 are my favorites. In the second picture there are marks visible. They must be medals of the ship i guess. Most of Turkish firgates has E (excellent) and some of them has EE (extra excellent) marks on them. That comes from joint NATO trials or combat success such areas as Somali, Yugoslavia (and the other nations seperated from them) back in the days. They are also keep on duty on Red Sea for anti pirate missions, They get more medals I guess..

But , USS G. Washington... Too much marks man! God knows what they are all about. Well, they got options to do many things with such machinery.

(God knows, I would own this ship and use as a giant nuclear powered water pump to my inland seafish farms an aquaculture way of point nowadays )

Cheers.

Ben.

ps: Did I read right, or you have some machinery in your arsenal such as D4 ? Show us more, on DPR or anywhere else we could see Aaron.

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Nokia Lumia 1520 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow