How to clean an EX1 / TL500 sensor

Started Apr 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
Peadingle
Regular MemberPosts: 310
Like?
Re: How to clean an EX1 / TL500 sensor
In reply to Peadingle, Aug 3, 2013

Well, three weeks on an I have my EX1 back here. After the service agent told me the ribbon cable was broken, I sent them the picture showing it intact. They then countered that it wasn't the cable but the connector that was broken, and it would therefore require a new main-board.

They maintained that they had not broken the connector, and I knew that I hadn't. Eventually I spoke with one of the bosses who offered to pay half the cost of the new main-board, and fit it at their expense. This amounted to an extra cost of 18 pounds on top of the charge for cleaning the sensor so I accepted.

At one stage I was resigned to not getting the camera back working so I bought another EX1 so now I have two. That should keep me going until we have something like an NX300 with a fully articulating screen.

But if you are sending a camera away for servicing, it may be best to have a witness see it working OK before you pack it up and send it off.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow