Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,694Gear list
Like?
Re: FX lenses recommendations?
In reply to orchidblooms, Aug 3, 2013

orchidblooms wrote:

All help much appreciated..

i do not own any nikon lenses - but i will say this

tuday was spend at the 'uptown art fair' in Mpls - and one fellow has very nice photos taken with the d800 and the 24-120 - has me considering this lens

i tried the new 70-200 at shop monday as well as new 80-400

for me of the 3 if i could only have one for things i will be shooting - flowers - birds - turtles - etc - i would get the new 80-400 - it is not that big - and not all that heavy...

Orchidblooms is very wise in recommending the 80-400 - a superb lens, and not much slower, nor that much heavier, than the 70-200/2.8.

I have the 28/1.8G, a nice lens, but not stellar. I have owned the Samyang 24 (manual focus), very sharp, but I had problems focusing it properly, so I exchanged it for the 28, as I feel more at home with that (I bet the Samyang is of better optical quality, though).

So 16-35, or something like that, is on my 'to be considered' list!

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com
Nikon (daily), Sony (occasionally), Olympus (a few times a year), Canon & Pentax (I have them, rarely use 'em) user/owner

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ualNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow