The 3Ms and how they travel

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
EvokeEmotion
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: The 3Ms and how they travel
In reply to smallrewards, Aug 3, 2013

smallrewards wrote:

I can't believe how much grief people are giving you here. I think it makes perfect sense that you would carry three bodies with three different lenses and choose which one to bring with you depending on your specific situation. In addition to the EOS M I also own 2 Sony NEX-7's and I often pack all three cameras and a total of 6-8 lenses into a shoulder bag and then I load a small bag with whichever body and lens I want to walk around with at that moment. And even when I carry all three bodies and 8 lenses I think it is still lighter than my Nikon D600 with 24-120 f4 and I find the mirrorless cameras give me at least the same and usually better image quality as the D600.

I think most of the grief was because he preceded this thread with the somewhat insulting pimp thread in which he clearly criticized other people's decision to use the m for a larger camera than he felt was necessary, defended his position on the sl1 by typing in bd the defense of "whatever I want" as though questioning a ones personal application of a camera was ridiculous, and the followed up with all three bodies in one bag. It was actually really funny. Also one extra body makes fine sense two of the same is a bit odd but at these prices can be understood.

For me, the previous thread mentioned did touch a fairly sensitive topic for me as I do love using my legacy glass and my photography hobby so the seeming put down irritated me.

All that said I would probably actually enjoy hanging out with you as we clearly have at least one similar interest. So don't have hard feel Inge about it. My budgets too tight to get an extra third party battery right now anyway, so an extra body is out the window for me.

Can you be any more thin-skinned? I said it before, and I'll say it again, there was no intention to insult anybody and it's unfortunate that you see it this way. I've read many threads of folks buying and using multiple bodies, even $3500 5D3s. You really should get out of the house more.

And your logic is not even correct. I said in the other thread that if folks start adding too much to the dimensions of the M, AN INDIVIDUAL CAMERA, then maybe they should consider getting a small DSLR like the 100D instead. I was talking about the compactness of a single camera in the hand.

Somehow, that hurts your feelings big time, and started to ridicule my setup, which are 3 bare bone Ms in a bag, saying it is not minimalistic.

My entire M setup is not minimalistic, but each of my M+lens is minimalistic - no hoods, no grips, no OVF, no flash, etc. Get it?

If you can't stand a perceived insult, you shouldn't be on these forums.

I'm not replying anymore to this thread, since I don't know if whoever's on the other end is just a bored teenager looking for attention. I've spent too much of my time entertaining their nonsense as it is. If anyone has a burning need to communicate with me regarding this thread and wants a reply, send me a PM. Happy shooting.

EvokeEmotion's gear list:EvokeEmotion's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow