FF on Fuji...

Started Aug 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
NTNphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Re: Why?
In reply to Jim de Kort, Aug 3, 2013

The Dof argument is a solid one in the defense of the FF format. The thing that some Apc defenders forget is that there is a look that you cannot achieve due to smaller sensor size. Sure the Apc x cameras may have a similar resolution, but the physics of the matter creates a different look.

Look at images shot on 35mm, 6x4.5, 4x5, and 8x10 there is a very distinct look about the images and it is not just relating to detail and resolution. For instance you need a 56mm 1.2 that will likely cost $700-$1000 to achieve the look of the $500 nikon 85mm 1.8 or if you're into crazy shallow Dof you can get the nikon 85mm 1.4 or even more so the canon 85mm 1.2. A D800 may have resolution approaching some digital MF systems, but the way the lens hits that larger sensor gives a different look.

Not everyone likes super shallow Dof and I'm not saying I even use it all the time, but I like that the option is there with my FF nikon and is "easier" to achieve.

NTNphoto's gear list:NTNphoto's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow