Started Aug 2, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gkreth
Senior MemberPosts: 2,977
Like?
Sorry, another Vivitar 2X Macro TC w/ Ricoh pin question
Aug 2, 2013

I promise, I did a LOT of reading of forum posts on this.

But, it didn't help much.

All I want to know is: Has anyone removed the Ricoh pin from a Sorry, Vivitar 2X Macro TC? I'm talking about the one with A contacts. (Although I suppose only A-mount types have the Ricoh pin; I've never seen one on the K-mount version.)

Maybe, as a corollary, I'd like to ask: Does anyone own the Vivitar 2X Macro TC w/ Ricoh pin, and use it with no problems on their Pentax?

I have a bit of experience with these, but not nearly enough:

• I have a Vivitar 28-105 with the Ricoh pin. But the pin is rounded, and so it mounts and unmounts very easily on my K10D, my K-x, and my K-30,
  • I also have a Tamron K-mount Adaptall that had the Ricoh pin, and i easily removed it. However this was the K-mount Adaptall, not the KA-mount Adaptall.

My concern is that I have read some threads where people say that removing the Ricoh pin from a KA-mount is much more prone to problems than removing a pin from a less-complicated K-mount. There apparently are these connectors for each of the pins, and it can all get very messy.

I'm not real handy, so I'm afraid of removing the pin from a KA-mount.

Bottom line: I'd like to know that either:

1. The Ricoh pin on the Vivitar 2X Macro TCis the rounded type, and has never given anyone any problems, or
  2. Removing the Ricoh pin from a KA-mount is child's play.

Preferably, I'd like to hear from those who have first-hand experience.

Thanks!

Greg

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K10D Pentax K-30 Pentax K-m (K2000) Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow