Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roxy1945
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?
Question: Digital Teleconverter
11 months ago

From my gallery below you can see I mostly shoot birds and other wildlife. I take most pics walking around hiking etc. hand-held.

At the moment I'm using a Bridge camera and my zoom range is 1200mm using the Smart Zoom on my Sony HX100V which is like a digital teleconverter. I've also used the FZ200 but the zoom range falls short.

I want to get that zoom distance but with obviously better quality, but also have the option of doing some scenics as well with other small lenses.

I don't know if the micro four thirds Panasonics have a 2x digital teleconverter but  I see the Olympus' do, making 300mm into a 600mm + 2x digital teleconverter 1200mm.

I've looked online and can't find hardly any images using the 1200mm with digital teleconverter especially for wildlife to compare to my own with a small-sensored Superzoom.

Does anyone use the digital teleconverter and is there a gallery I can look at to compare the quality of the images using it without  atripod. Also their experience using it hand-held. My Flickr gallery:

http://flickeflu.com/photos/pjmaudsley

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Aha!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow