Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,589Gear list
Like?
Battery life problem.
In reply to manaskarekar, 11 months ago

This is a non-issue. Extra batteries are cheap, light, and portable. I bought two - even splurged for the Sigma ones ($30, I think) - when I bought my DP2M a couple of weeks ago. I've have yet to have to switch batteries during a shoot. The nature of the camera is that you spend a lot more time composing and taking each photo, so you shoot less but have more keepers. This was true of my original DP2 as well.

We all know that the designers had to make a choice of larger body, or smaller batteries; I'm happy with how they chose to make the compromise.

Last weekend I was  at a military parade where I was shooting like crazy, including video - I used a GH3 for that. Different kind of shoot; different hardware. The battery for the GH3 is huge; the designers opted for the bigger body and bigger battery. I don't mind that compromise either.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow