FX lenses recommendations?

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,331Gear list
Like?
Re: FX lenses recommendations?
In reply to Hendrixx, Aug 2, 2013

Hendrixx wrote:

I'll be getting my first fx soon (D600) and I'm still wondering what lenses I should get with. At first I figured I'd go for the 24-70 but after a lot of research I'm thinking I'd rather go for 2-3 lenses(for almost the same price).

I mostly shoot landscapes and I'm wanting to do more portrait. I actually shoot a little bit of everything.

I've been thinking of going down this road:

sb70016-35 f4 and the 50 f1.4g OR the 85 1.8g
and then later on add a telezoom, like the new 80-400 maybe.

Would the 16-35 be too wide for everyday use? Talking not just landscapes, but around the house, low light indoor, pets, snapshots around town...etc? Or is that something the 50mm would cover better?

The reason I thought of getting the 50 or 85 was for a dedicated portrait lens. Maybe the 50 is a little too wide for that? (but perfect for the scenarios mentioned above? Maybe best to get all three?(barely in my budget)

What do you guys say? Is the 16-35 strictly a landscape lens? What do you think of the primes?

All help much appreciated..

Done that trip myself!

I did get the 28/1.8G in addition to the lenses you mentioned, to my D600, including the amazingly sharp 85/1.8G and the equally stunning new 80-400 - both miles ahead of my best Pentax lenses.

I am also interested in the 16-35, or something like that ;-)! Will follow this thread with interest!

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com
Nikon (daily), Sony (occasionally), Olympus (a few times a year), Canon & Pentax (I have them, rarely use 'em) user/owner

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ualNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow