Sorry to burst bubbles about GX7, but...

Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sigala1
Senior MemberPosts: 3,510
Like?
Sorry to burst bubbles about GX7, but...
Aug 2, 2013

1. Panasonic has never shown willingness to use the best “GH” sensor in what it considers to be lesser cameras. So the GX7 will most likely have the same sensor as the G6 which appears to be the same sensor as in the G5 which is not as good as the sensor being used in all current-model Olympus m43 cameras.

2. The Panasonic IBIS is completely untested. I wish them well because Oly needs some competition in that area. The IBIS on my E-PM1 was completely useless because it caused a lot more blur than it prevented. Since this is Panasonic’s first-ever attempt at IBIS, and Oly still doesn’t have the 2-axis IBIS working perfectly after so many years, I wouldn’t assume that the Panasonic IBIS is any good until thoroughly tested.

3. Given the ***ppy thumbwheel on the G5, which had a pretty high price tag of $699, I wouldn’t assume that the GX7 thumbwheel is going to be any better than that just because it costs a thousand dollars, and not a quality thumbwheel like Olympus has on its best m43 cameras.

4. As a Panasonic camera, it will be much more resistant to purple fringing than Olympus, but I sort of fixed that problem by using a Tiffen 52mm Haze 2A filter and appropriate step-up rings.

5. If history repeats itself, those who are patient will may very well be able to buy the GX7 for less than $500 within a year. It took less time than that before the G5 was on sale for half price.

Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow