Great Blue Heron (up close & personal!)

Started 11 months ago | Photos thread
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,208
Like?
Re: Great Blue Heron (up close & personal!)
In reply to dock, 11 months ago

dock wrote:

I am trying to figure out the lighting. It looks as though the sun is back lighting your subject. As I study the pictures I don't see the color I would expect. I do not know if you post processed these or not. Each picture is very sharp and well done with exposure, sharpness and composition. They remind me of my osprey that was back lit.

I applied levels(didn't need much) then I lightened the shadows and darkened the highlights on my favorite shot you took.

This I feel helped a bit

Your shutter speed is good the ISO looks as though this was shot late in the day.

Thanks dock. It was indeed late-afternoon, transitioning from sunny to a bit more cloudy and the heron had just left its perch (where I had used +1 1/3 EV) so my exposure was off a bit. The sun was actually at my back. Overall though, it wasn't very bright. The images were processed some, but after publishing them on my photo site (where I took the link from for these images) I thought this image in particular had a reddish tone to it. I like what you did all-around in processing it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow