Has anyone tried Tamron 28-75 on Nikon D800?

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
lezt
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: Has anyone tried Tamron 28-75 on Nikon D800?
In reply to Absolutic, Aug 2, 2013

I do have a Tamron 28-75 on a D800.

I find it to generally good, lots of sharp and great pictures; fairly comparable to the Nikkor 24-70 in the real world that I also own.

I have one major comment and that is, get the version without the motor, AF is much faster and low light performance is much better; I find myself shifting through used lense stores to find a well kept motorless one.

The motor one also does not work well tele-extenders. Mine will constantly hunt and never focus except for a fluke on it, but the screw focus 28-75 works perfectly.

But at the end of the day, it depends on what you expect out of it. I usually run around with a Wide, the 28-75 and a tele-extender, all of which will come up to be around 1 kg. If you want to lug a 24-70, wide, and the 70-200 around will be ~3 kg of lense, which is okay for a studio, but not that attractive for hiking.

I would recommend getting the 28-75 w/o the motor. I can upload some sample pictures when I get home.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow