Started Aug 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rek101
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Ken Rockwell is a shockingly bad photoghrapher
Aug 2, 2013

At first, I thought his reviews were helpful, but as I started researching things a bit further, it seemed as if half of what he said contradicted some fact I read somewhere else. So to break the tie of whether this guy is just a creative writer or has something useful to contribute, I looked at his gallery.

I mean, they are pleasant photos for a random guy on vacation, but given the authority with which he writes, I was expecting something out of National Geographic.  Has he won any awards?  Has he shot any celebrity weddings?  Are his photos published in locations any of us would be impressed by?

Not that a person has to be a great photographer to be a great reviewer, but there is something unsettling about a guy this influential being so absolutely lacking in photographic talent and so authoritative in his tone.  It almost reminds me of those entitled wall street guys who lose money and go on and on about how fantastic they are.  They are fantastic at raising assets and charging a commission when they happen to be right 20% of the time...just like this guy is fantastic at recruiting clicks.

I think the same reason this guy is popular is the reason the economy crashed...we started listening to people who had no clue what they were talking about.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow