Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
maxotics
Regular MemberPosts: 282Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to manaskarekar, Aug 1, 2013

That is excellent to know. The reason I was tempted to hold back was so I could get the next iteration which should be better in terms of not just image quality/sorted out niggles but mostly improved battery life!

I don't find the battery life to be so bad for the size battery.  Bigger batteries mean more weight and size.  It easy enough to pack 3 batteries.  It's impossible to cut weight and size from a camera where the manufacturer has designed in a big battery.  Like you said, you can buy an A/C adapter and/or hook up to external battery.

Also these li-something batteries lose a charge quickly. More important you remember to charge them, than their size.  A weird thing I like about these cameras is they force you to think and to plan accordingly.  It sounds like you already do this.   This all goes to say I don't believe the batteries will ever be good enough.  Improvements will be minor.  Sort of like freeways in Los Angeles.  No matter how many lanes they build, it takes you 2 hours to get home

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow